RIAR has unique experimental base, including research labs to test materials, a Center of Excellence, and research reactor SM-3.
- six nuclear research reactors;
- automated equipment for non-destructive PIE;
- hot cells and shielded boxes;
- equipment for spectroscopy of melts;
- equipment to produce transplutonium elements, and radioactive preparations of phosphorus-33, chromium-51, manganese-54, iron-59, strontium-89, rhutenium-106, cadmium-109, tin-113, tungsten-188, tallium-204, and molybdenum-99.